Valentine’s Day Hat Craft
This Valentine’s Day Hat Craft foam hat wiggles when you move your head! The kids will love making this craft. They will proudly wear their artwork and can feel like the “Valentine’s Prince or “Valentine’s Princess” for the day! Make them feel special with this Valentine’s Day Hat Craft.
Valentine’s Day Hat Craft Materials:
- Red pre-cut adhesive-backed craft foam hearts in small (2) and large (2) sizes
- Red chenille stems
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- White poster board
- Stapler, tape, or glue (to fasten hat together)
- Pink pre-cut adhesive-backed craft foam hearts in small size (optional)
Valentine’s Day Hat Craft Instructions:
- Cut a strip of poster board to fit around a child’s head and about 2″ wide.
- Determine where the sides of a child’s head is by trying the band on. Mark with pen.
- Cut red chenille stems in half using the wire cutters.
- Glue the stems on the outside of the poster board where marked.
- Glue a small heart over each of the chenille stems that are attached to the poster board.
- Glue a large red heart at the other end of each of the chenille stems.
- Let the children decorate using the remaining small craft foam hearts or any other decoration such as lace, stickers, markers, and crayons.
- Tape, glue, or staple the hat closed to fit the child. (Paper clips also work)
- If you cannot find pre-cut foam hearts, buy regular sheets of craft foam and cut out hearts yourself.
- You can use a cookie cutter to obtain a heart shape. You can use tacky glue, but it will need to set up overnight before wearing.