Personalize Your Beach Towel
Kids, be proud of your very own beach towel next time you go to the pool, your friend’s pool or the beach. Plus, you can spot your towel in an instant. No more fighting with your brother or sister either over whose towel is whose! Now you know for sure because you made it.
Personalize Your Beach Towel Materials:
- Beach towel
- Ocean themed foam stamps
- Fabric paint, or acrylic paint plus textile medium
- Large paintbrush
Personalize Your Beach Towel Directions:
- If you are not using fabric paint, mix together 2 parts acrylic craft paint and 1 part textile medium.
- Wash and dry the towel, do not use fabric softener. Place cardboard underneath the towel to catch any seepage.
- Use foam stamps to decorate towel with fish, shells, and starfish. (See photo.)
- If the paint is not very prominent, use a paintbrush, using a dabbing motion, to add more paint to the design. (See photo.)
- To make the water, use a dabbing motion with a large stiff bristled brush.
- To write your name, use a stiff bristled brush.
- Allow to dry completely before using.
1. Foam stamps are available at craft supply stores.
2. Textile medium can be purchased at craft supply stores.
By Amanda Formano