Oreogasm Ice Cream Bomb
To earn a name like “Oreogasm” and achieve total chocolate euphoria, you need to go BIG. In the wise words of my coworker Lindsay, “an Oreogasm is anything that, after taking your first bite, elicits “Ooos” and “ahhhs” and “OH MY GOD” like nothing else.”
In the case of brownies, this means swirling the chocolate batter with vanilla frosting, adding a layer of Oreos and topping the warm, gooey skillet with scoops upon scoops of ice cream. For ice cream, you have two options. You could whip up a batch of no-churn with a lot of crushed Oreos, hot fudge and caramel sauce. Or you could triple the fun and make this jaw-dropping three-tier ice cream bomb.
Who needs a holiday to make this sinful treat?
Oreogasm Ice Cream Bomb INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 qt. cookies n’ cream ice cream, softened
- 2 pt. chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 pt. caramel ice cream, softened
- 24 oreos
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- pinch of salt
Oreogasm Ice Cream Bomb DIRECTIONS
- Freeze an 8” bowl until cold. Scoop the cookies n’ cream ice cream in the bowl and press it against the sides to come all the way up to the top of the bowl. Cover the bottom of a similarly-shaped smaller bowl (about 6 1/2”) in plastic wrap and press it into the ice cream to make the layer even. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove the 6 1/2”bowl. Spread an even layer of softened chocolate ice cream on top of the cookies and cream. Cover the bottom of a small bowl (about 4 1/2”) in plastic wrap and press it into the chocolate layer. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour more.
- While the second layer is freezing, make Oreo crust. Combine Oreos, butter and salt in a food processor. Pulse until you have fine crumbs.
- Remove the 4 1/2” bowl and create the final layer. Scoop enough caramel ice cream to fill the bowl. Press Oreo crust into the top layer of ice cream. Freeze until hard, about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, dip the bowl up to the rim in warm water. Loosen the edges of the bombe by running a knife around the edges of the bowl. Invert onto serving platter. Slice and serve immediately.
Article courtesy of Delish.com