New Years Party Favors
Here is a great craft as a treat for the kids: New Years party favors. Fill these celebration crackers with small treasures, such as plastic rings, pencil erasers, or stickers. This will get the kids in the mood to celebrate the New Year.
* Paper towel or toilet paper roll tubes
* Wrapping paper
* Curling ribbon
* Small candies
1. Make sure the paper towel tube is clean inside and out. Cut tubes to measure approximately 6 inches long; then cut each tube in half.
2. Cut a piece of wrapping paper that is 11 x 6 inches. Center pieces of tube side by side on paper, leaving a 1-inch space between the tubes. Wrap paper around tubes and secure with tape.
3. Tie one end of the paper with curling ribbon. Fill the tube through the open end with candy. Tie the remaining end shut. Use scissors to curl the ends of the ribbon.
4. Have guests break tubes in half to find goodies inside.