Leaf Bouquet Centerpiece
This charming bag of leaves makes a wonderful centerpiece for any autumn get-together. Your Kids can make these centerpieces. They will have so much fun, they can make them for all the neighbors too.
Leaf Bouquet Centerpiece Materials:
- 1 brown paper lunch bag
- 1 cup rice
- Re-sealable zipper sandwich bag
- Fresh and silk leaves
- 3-4 green chenille stems, cut into fourths OR tape
- 2 feet twine
- Paint: yellow, brown, green
Leaf Bouquet Centerpiece Directions:
- Paint bag with wide green stripes. Let dry before painting other colors. When dry, add thin lines of yellow and brown.
- Place a leaf at the top of a twig and secure with a section of chenille stem. Repeat with several twigs and leaves, both fresh and silk. You can also use tape instead of chenille.
- Trim three inches off the top of the bag. Place rice inside sandwich bag, place bag of rice into the brown paper bag.
- Place twigs into the bag. If twigs are too tall (leaves should touch the top of the bag), snap bottoms of twigs to shorten.
- Wrap twine around the bag twice. Tighten the twine and adjust leaves and twigs as you tighten. Tie twine in a bow and trim the ends.
- Using fresh leaves is a temporary thing. The leaves will wilt and curl up, but they make a nice addition to the table. Try using dried fallen leaves for a more permanent arrangement.
- For an even simpler project, paint stripes with only one color.
- Instead of twine, use ribbon or yarn.
By Amanda Formano