AroundTownKids is pleased to announce that as a website we are environmentally friendly. We're here to help you be green too with a list of Resources, Ideas and Suggestions for "Going Green!"
How can we help you be Green by using our website?
1. In this era of "smart phones" you no longer need to print out directions to an event you saw on our calendar. Instead, look up the address on your "smart phone," your car's navigation system or Google it and away you go!
2. Or if you're heading to an event but can't recall what time the event starts, pull up our website and take a glance at our handy event calendar to verify the event time. For added convenience, put the event on your "smart phone" calendar and take it with you. Email it to your personal Outlook or Google calendar.
3. No need to print out lists for various resources. Just point and click in our Online Business Directory for all the information you need!
4. Check out our "Green Advertisers" - look for the Green Leaf symbol in their ad!
How can YOU be Green with your Friends?
- Hold "Green"-ish playgroup outings - educate yourself and your kids!
- Tour a recycling facility
- Volunteer at a recycling facility
to clean up (pick up trash) in a nature preserve (ex:
- Make Crafts from items you find in nature (as opposed to buying supplies at a store)
- Re-purpose old items in your daily use
- Donate outgrown toys and clothes - either to friends or family with younger children or to a local charity.
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle!
Being Green in Your Community:
1. A great place to start! Visit this website for a list of resources and services which are available in Collin County
including major recycling sources -
- Recycling pick-up at your house
- Recycling pick-up at your apartment
- Yard waste collection
- Computer Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
2.Town recycling days - ex: Frisco's "Chunk Your Junk!" day.
3. Earth Day celebrations
How Can You & Your Family be "Green" in Your Home & Lifestyle:
the US Dept of Energy - Energy Savers: Tips on Saving Energy & Money at
2. From the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (funded by National Institutes of Health - NIH) - For Kids: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle -
In an Effort to Save the Environment, Here's How AroundTownKids Has Gone Green:
1. Our product is a website, it's all online. Therefore we do not have a print publication and are environmentally friendly.
2. Our media kits, corporate brochures etc are emailed as often as possible vs printing them out.
3. Our Holiday Cards are emailed.
4. Printing other marketing materials is kept to a minimum.
5. In our home offices we make it a practice to recycle paper and print double sided.
6. We recycle printer cartridges and buy refilled printer cartridges whenever possible.
7. By being a 100% telecommuting company we have cut down on energy costs thus protecting the environment.
8. On a personal level we all recycle as much as we can in our homes.
Our Earth is a wonderful planet. Let's protect it for ourselves, for our children and all future generations. We can do this together with a little effort!