Valentines Day Gift Ideas
Love is both fun and tricky especially when the V-Day is round the corner. Valentine’s Day on the 14th of February every year is reason enough for lovers to start inquiring friends, families and online search engines for ideas. They spend hours in gift shops and supermarkets looking for that one thing that brings a bright smile on their Valentine’s face and make the day special enough to be reminded of later on. It is no wonder then that Valentine’s Day, an event that has its history in the 14th century, creates a lot of buzz and is very popular. For a day which symbolizes love the celebration has to be unique so that your loved one feels special. Some of the ideas with a touch of love are:
A special day like this cannot be remembered without a gift to the one you love. It doesn’t have to be expensive. It just needs to be thoughtful. Here are five gift ideas for your Valentine with a twist.
1. Writing in the Chocolates: Carve the letters “Valentine’s Day” and his/her name too (if there are as many blocks) on each block of chocolate. Your love will be intrigued by your personalization. You can also put in a note with a love poem or a few love quotes written to make it romantic.
2. Love in metals (for her) and gadgets (for him): For Her – Heart shaped earrings, finger rings, bracelets and pendants make for appealing gifts for a girl. The price of gold and platinum does shoot the cost of such jewelry. Low cost jewelry that is made of semi-precious metals also available in the market. If you can afford to spend more, you can also take her to a jewelry store, blindfolded, and give her the option of choosing one for herself. The thing that will make this gift special is when you remark how pretty she looks in it.
For Him – Watches, music players and video games are usually gifts that guys feel joy in receiving. Make sure to know what he likes. If he loves music, a music player with his favorite songs stored in is a great idea for a Valentine’s Day gift for your boyfriend or husband. You can make it more personal by recording a love song or a love message in your voice along with his favorite numbers. He will be pleasantly surprised. Note that even girls like using these gadgets, therefore these gadgets can also be gifted to your girlfriend or wife.
3. Printed with Love: What can be more special than a personalized gift for your valentine? Gift shops usually have the equipment for printing pictures on mugs, cushions, soft toys, crystals, wall clocks, and t-shirts. Select the best of the photos of you and your love, and see it come alive in a coffee mug with a small love message written in. You can make this special and intimate by serving him/her favorite hot beverage in it.
4. Package of Goodness: Reiterating the fact that Valentine’s Day is more about thoughtful gifting, a specially assembled package for your loved one is an appreciated gesture. This pack of goodness can contain his/her favorite bubble bath or shower gel, perfume, aromatic oil, lotion, scented candles, chocolates, book, music CD and anything that your valentine uses to relax him/herself. You can also put in a bottle of champagne or wine and a box of heart shaped cookies you baked for him/her. Make the gift giving experience more pleasurable by using the package on your valentine on Valentine’s Day to his/her ultimate delight.
5. Symbolic Gifts: There are a number of gifts that can describe what your valentine means to you. These gifts require a lot of thought and some creativity. Choose any number of little items that you think symbolizes your relationship with your valentine. Pack it up in a box and gift it to your valentine with a note describing each item’s symbolism to him/her. Few examples include:
- Globe – symbolizing that your valentine is your world. There are small to large crystal to plastic globes available in the market.
- Pearl – symbolizing the difficulty it has been to find the one special person in your life
- Assortment of Chocolates – symbolizing that you are aware that life is going to be different at every turn just like the different shapes and sizes of the chocolates. Add to this that you want to taste every one of them with your valentine. See the happy tear glistening in his/her eye after reading the note.
Ideas to make Valentine’s Day special for your valentine
The main idea behind Valentine’s Day is to feel love in the air. Doing things together and spending the day with each other are just the things that will energize the passion between couples. Here are ideas to make the day special for your valentine.
- Make him/her breakfast in bed with all his/her favorite dishes. Add a fresh flower in a tiny vase on the food tray and a note wishing him/her a beautiful Valentine’s Day. The note can also be an invitation to the day’s activities that you have planned for him/her.
- Help him/her in doing the chores, or better still do all by yourself.
- Write a love poem for every hour, put all in a bag and gift it to your valentine in the morning. Wherever he/she will be your poems will keep her smiling and feeling loved the whole day.
- Baking or cooking together is another romantic activity you can share with your valentine. Spice up the air by playing romantic songs. Sing along, break into a dance in the middle of cooking, draw her close and enjoy the beautiful moment together. If anything burns, you can always order pizza!
- Write down all the things you love about the other and exchange. Watch the way your valentine breaks into a smile and shower you with affection
- Decorate the house with scented candles, rose petals and heart shaped balloons.
- Book for a couples massage or any activity that you both can do together
- Watch a romantic comedy together with Pop-corns and candies
- Plan a surprise visit to the place where you and your valentine met and reminisce those early days
by David Searn